Friday, October 2, 2015

The wrong enemy

I watched a movie last night about the Vietnam War era.  The "hippies" in the movie were hating on the soldiers.  They would say slanderous things if the soldiers passed by.  They were against the soldiers fighting for their freedom in the battle that they thought was pointless.  Then a revelation came to one of the "hippie" girls as she fell in love with one of the soldiers that, indeed the soldier wasn't the enemy.  The battle was the enemy and the soldiers were there to do the best they can and hopefully come out alive.

I have seen this same premise in the spiritual battleground.  Sinners hating on the spiritual soldiers.  The very people fighting for their freedom.  The people with enough love and gall to call them out on their sin.  The sinners will slander them and call them self righteous.  Yet, the sinner is too chicken to go into battle for themselves and they are often wrapped up in a mess of life. The spiritual soldier sees that the battle is noble…even if it may seem pointless at the time. The spiritual soldier would rather die in the fight than sit around and question if they have made an impact, while the sinner would rather die in vain.

I know I have had times in my life where I was against the right person and defending the wrong person.  I stood on shaky ground ready to defend myself from someone trying to love on me and help guide me off shaky ground.  Thankfully, today I am standing on that solid ground and in the trenches of the battle with them.  My life has never been more fulfilled, nor my purpose so great, as to fight along with my fellow spiritual soldiers in a battle that is raging for a war already won!

2 comments: