Monday, January 3, 2011

A moment today

I was driving in my car today to pick up Nautas and Nyah from Nautas' dad's house.  As soon as I hit the interstate, worship at 1 came on WDJC.  for the next 25 minutes I weeped and shouted out and got excited!!  There is something amazing about the battle cry against Satan from God's saints!
One of the preachers that had an excerpt in the music was saying how he plans on taking back the prosperity message from materialism to God's richness.  I was pretty much screaming listening to this.  I had a client that heard a message about how American's say that we are blessed because we have big houses and nice cars...and soooo much food that my husband can pack a to go box from the table full of strangers next to us in a restaurant that is about to be thrown away (that was not in the message ;)).  Those are not blessings...at least not Biblical blessings.  In the New Testament, the blessings are all spiritual blessings.  The gifts are spiritual gifts.  Not an over abundance of stuff and materialism, but true riches that are stored up in heaven where moth and fire do not destroy.  We are selling our true blessings and gifts for counterfeit!  Fake, false, phony, pseudo crap is what we know for blessings.  I want to be rich..rich...rich in God's eyes!  I want to be overflowing in what He sees as blessings, and I think in that abundance of His blessings, we often times see some fruit here on earth, but do not measure it as wealth, but use it for His glory and honor!
The very last thing he said was that when he is through taking back prosperity as materialism he will take back grace as a license to sin.  Well, can i just tell you if I could've reached through the radio and kissed this guy...I would have!  If I have anything to do with it, he won't have a chance cause I am already on the band wagon!!  I am absolutely against grace and mercy as being our cop-out for being a bunch of selfish slackers!!  If you don't kneel to the name of Jesus Christ and the Almighty God now....just wait, cause you will kneel.  To think that His own children, people who say they follow Him and are saved under His Son's blood, but don't think twice about spitting in His face with sin...just wait, cause you will be sorry.  Grace is not a license to sin but a beautiful pure picture of Love.  If you hover in grace laden messages and some imagery of a teddy bear god...woe to you on the day you meet Him for real!
I enjoyed my moment today, and I look forward to the days of worship and feasting with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment