Friday, January 14, 2011

Pit Bulls

I love pit bulls!! I love pit bulls!!  I think these are the most under rated over criticized dogs on the planet.  I get so frustrated about the misinformation that has allowed such an amazing dog breed come under such attack.  I know that there are dangerous ones.  I know that there are dangerous humans too, but we don't outlaw them from living among us across the board (if we are lucky they will go to prison).  Not the same you say....you are absolutely right.  1) a human can reason, dogs typically run on instinct  2) humans have more defense mechanisms, dogs can bite scratch and run  3) humans understand the value of life,dogs understand the value of their life.  So you are right, it's not the same.  It is ashame that pit bulls have been bullied by people to the point where lovers of the breed are not even allowed to enjoy them.
By nature pit bulls are not aggressive.  They are very strong and don't take any crap maybe, but not necessarily aggressive.  If you have ever had the privilege to own one, you know that they are extremely loyal and  intelligent.
When we first got our pit, people were like,"I'm not coming over there."  Whatever!!  Talk about judging a book by it's cover.  I just think that each case should be dealt with individually and not lump them all as a whole.  My dog sits at my feet everywhere I go in my home.  She snores and farts just like my husband and I totally adore her!
If you love pits, support Bama Bully Rescue.  They are the only rescue in Alabama for this amazing breed.  Remember, don't judge a dog by it's stature, but by it's nature!

2 comments:

  1. I have had several bads experiences with pitbulls. However I do think that much has to do with the training they get from the owner. If left alone or trained to be aggressive they for sure will be. With that said, you might feel a bit different when one runs from down the street to attack your little child while he is standing in his own front yard or when one traps you in the back of your van in your own driveway. The craziest and scariest experiences ever. But even that I wouldnt refuse to come to your house :)

    ReplyDelete