Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowflakes

I am always so excited about snow.  Winter wonderlands are the only visual image that I hold that never lets me down with it's beauty.  I love how snow blankets it's surroundings in white.  I love how it transforms it's environment.  There is no denying snow and there is no combating it's ability to cover anything it falls upon.  It kind of reminds me of Jesus' love and how it's undeniable when you see it and it is always stunningly beautiful and totally transforming.
I love snowflakes because they are completely individual.  I have a book that has microscopic pictures of snowflakes.  It's amazing how some are purple, some blue, some long, some pointy, some soft, some clear, some small, some big.  Different, each one it's own little expression of God's creativity and customization.  Each one special and as a whole stunning.  This also reminds me of God's personalization with us.  If He would make each snowflake, as fleeting as they are, individual and an expression of His creativity; how much more personal He is with us, who carry His very image.

1 comment:

  1. It didn't save my whole post. The rest said that I love the fire place and the warmth it offers and how that reminds me of what Jesus wants us to do. How frustrating, it was poetic and beautiful and it got cut off. :(

    ReplyDelete